Jacob A. Shapiro
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School
- B.A., Michigan State University
- Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Real Property Law, Condominium Subcomittee
- Member, Real Estate Taxation, Tax Sale Tax Deed Subcomittee
- Member, Legal Technology, Standing Committee, Illinois State Bar Association
- Michigan State Alumni Association
Jacob practices in the areas of commercial and residential real estate.
Jacob focuses his practice on the protection of real property rights of property owners and other interests in real estate. His clients participate in the acquisition, sale, development and financing of commercial and residential real estate transactions in various municipalities in the Chicagoland area and greater midwest. He has represented commercial tenants, landlords, buyers, sellers, and developers in the negotiation and closing of transactions. He is also knowledgeable on business formation strategies.
Additionally, Jacob is an experienced litigator providing representation to businesses, property owners, and tenants in various proceedings ranging from code violation cases to complex foreclosures.
Jacob takes a holistic approach to the representation of property owners and typically represents his client's interest from first acquisition though all stages of property ownership.