Justin C. Strane
Direct Line: (312) 638-0871
- Represented an investor in the purchase of a multi-million dollar downtown Chicago loop property.
- Represented a Chicagoland business owner in the sale of real property and business assets to a national purchaser.
- Negotiated terms for a small business client leasing office space to a national tenant in a downtown Chicago loop property.
- Successfully litigated an alleged breach of non-solicitation and non-compete agreements on behalf of a business owner client.
- Assisted in the preparation of appellate arguments in two real property litigation matters, which resulted in awards in excess of one million dollars.
- Advised a restaurant business in the franchising of its business model and operations, including document drafting and the management of its intellectual property portfolio.
- Northern District of Illinois
- LL.M. (Real Estate), The John Marshall Law School; Chicagoland Area Realtors Scholarship Recipient
- J.D. (Certificate in Intellectual Property Law), The John Marshall Law School; Staff Editor, The Review of Intellectual Property Law; First Place, Cardozo/BMI Entertainment and Communications Law Moot Court Competition; Executive Board Member, Moot Court Honors Society
- B.A., The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor; Minor in Music; Volunteer, University Unions Arts and Programs
- "Commercial tenancies: Clearly define every term in a lease agreement." Illinois State Bar Association Section on Real Estate Law (June 2016).
- Letters of Intent (Presenter), and Landlord Tenant Representation (Panel); Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Commercial Leasing Seminar (November 2016).
- American Bar Association
- Chair, Real Estate Committee of the Young Lawyers Section, Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Small Business Advocacy Council (SBAC)
- University of Michigan Alumni Club of Greater Chicago
Justin practices in residential and commercial real estate law.
Serving clients throughout the greater Chicago metro region, Justin works closely with his clients in order to deliver the high-quality counsel and aggressive representation they need for all of their issues. His diverse background in business and real estate makes him well-suited to handle his clients' demands.
Active in his legal community, Justin is a member of The Chicago Bar Association where he co-chairs the Young Lawyers Section Real Estate Committee, and the Illinois State Bar Association Young Lawyers Division. He is also a member of the University of Michigan Alumni Association since 2014.
Well-versed in his practice areas, he writes and conducts lectures on a variety of topics related to business law, real estate law, business succession planning, landlord-tenant issues and other subjects.
Recently, Justin was named to the 2017 and 2018 Illinois Rising Star lists by Super Lawyers, an honor received by no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state. Justin also received the Client's Choice Award from AVVO in 2016 and 2017.