Justin C. Strane
312-391-7788 x 3
- Represented an investor in the purchase of a multi-million dollar downtown Chicago loop property.
- Represented a Chicagoland business owner in the sale of real property and business assets to a national purchaser.
- Negotiated terms for a small business client leasing office space to a national tenant in a downtown Chicago loop property.
- Successfully litigated an alleged breach of non-solicitation and non-compete agreements on behalf of a business owner client.
- Assisted in the preparation of appellate arguments in two real property litigation matters, which resulted in awards in excess of one million dollars.
- Advised a restaurant business in the franchising of its business model and operations, including document drafting and the management of its intellectual property portfolio.
- Northern District of Illinois
- LL.M. (Real Estate), The John Marshall Law School; Chicagoland Area Realtors Scholarship Recipient
- J.D. (Certificate in Intellectual Property Law), The John Marshall Law School; Staff Editor, The Review of Intellectual Property Law; First Place, Cardozo/BMI Entertainment and Communications Law Moot Court Competition; Executive Board Member, Moot Court Honors Society
- B.A., The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor; Minor in Music; Volunteer, University Unions Arts and Programs
- "Commercial tenancies: Clearly define every term in a lease agreement." Illinois State Bar Association Section on Real Estate Law (June 2016).
- Letters of Intent (Presenter), and Landlord Tenant Representation (Panel); Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Commercial Leasing Seminar (November 2016).
- American Bar Association
- Chair, Real Estate Committee of the Young Lawyers Section, Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Small Business Advocacy Council (SBAC)
- University of Michigan Alumni Club of Greater Chicago
Justin practices in the areas of commercial and residential real estate, and business law.
Working with individuals, startups, closely-held and mid-market businesses, Justin focuses much of his practice on real estate and business transactions, and related dispute resolution.
Justin understands the various risks individuals and business owners face every day and works with clients as part of their team at all transaction stages, including entity selection, formation and structure, contract drafting and negotiation, due diligence, closing, corporate and statutory compliance, asset acquisition, team growth, and brand protection. An experienced litigator, Justin also applies his business acumen in the court room, fighting for the most favorable result for his client.
Justin holds an advanced degree (LL.M) in real estate law.