Justin C. Strane
Direct Line: (312) 638-0871
- Represented an investor in the purchase of a multi-million dollar downtown Chicago loop property.
- Represented a Chicagoland business owner in the sale of real property and business assets to a national purchaser.
- Negotiated terms for a small business client leasing office space to a national tenant in a downtown Chicago loop property.
- Successfully litigated an alleged breach of non-solicitation and non-compete agreements on behalf of a business owner client.
- Assisted in the preparation of appellate arguments in two real property litigation matters, which resulted in awards in excess of one million dollars.
- Advised a restaurant business in the franchising of its business model and operations, including document drafting and the management of its intellectual property portfolio.
- Northern District of Illinois
- LL.M. (Real Estate), The John Marshall Law School; Chicagoland Area Realtors Scholarship Recipient
- J.D. (Certificate in Intellectual Property Law), The John Marshall Law School; Staff Editor, The Review of Intellectual Property Law; First Place, Cardozo/BMI Entertainment and Communications Law Moot Court Competition; Executive Board Member, Moot Court Honors Society
- B.A., The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor; Minor in Music; Volunteer, University Unions Arts and Programs
- "Commercial tenancies: Clearly define every term in a lease agreement." Illinois State Bar Association Section on Real Estate Law (June 2016).
- Letters of Intent (Presenter), and Landlord Tenant Representation (Panel); Chicago Bar Association Young Lawyers Section Commercial Leasing Seminar (November 2016).
- American Bar Association
- Chair, Real Estate Committee of the Young Lawyers Section, Chicago Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Small Business Advocacy Council (SBAC)
- University of Michigan Alumni Club of Greater Chicago
Justin practices in residential and commercial real estate law.
Decisive action and creativity are Justin’s specialties. Growing up in southeastern Michigan, Justin is an avid ice hockey fan and, prior to law school, an accomplished classical trumpet player. Justin comes from a family where real estate and architecture are common pursuits and he carries on that tradition in his law practice.
As an attorney, Justin is a solution-focused problem solver. He represents clients across a broad spectrum of real estate matters including the purchase and sale of homes and commercial real estate, drafting and negotiating commercial leases, representing condominium associations and owners, and other real estate related disputes. Justin makes it his mission to guide and support his clients while making the legal process as straight-forward, efficient, and stress-free as possible. Considering it a privilege to represent his clients in some of the largest real estate and life decisions they will face, Justin approaches each matter with the focus, care and attention to detail it deserves.
Recently, Justin was named to the 2017 and 2018 Illinois Rising Star lists by Super Lawyers, an honor received by no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state.